General Practitioners (GP) play a central role in the delivery of health care to the local community.
They provide person-centred, continuing, comprehensive and coordinated whole person health care to you and your family.
ADVICE, TREATMENT & PREVENTION
- Your GP is most likely the first point of contact in matters of personal health
- Coordinate your care and referrals to other specialists
- Cares for you with a whole person approach and in the context of your work, family and community
- Care for you of all ages, both sexes, children and adults across all disease categories
- Care for you over a period of your lifetime
- Provides advice and education on healthcare
- Performs legal processes such as certification of documents or provision of reports in relation to motor transport or work accidents.