As we grow older, our health needs change but that doesn’t mean the level of care we receive should.
At Hyde and Partners we provide in-depth care for our Aged Care and Senior patients.
Over 75 health assessments
These health assessments are in-depth reviews for clients aged 75 years or over. They provide a structured way of identifying health issues and conditions that are potentially preventable of amenable to interventions in order to improve health and/or quality of life.
They also identify factors that influence health status such as physical, psychological and social functioning.
OVER 75 HEALTH ASSESSMENTS INCLUDE:
- Patient history and examinations (BP, u/a, weight and waist measurements)
- Overall assessment of the patient’s health
- Recommending appropriate interventions
- Providing advice and information
- Assessment of medications, including administration and storage;
- Assessment of continence status
- Assessment of immunisation status (including influenza and pneumonia)
- Assessment of physical function and daily activities
- Assessment of fall status and risk
- Assessment of nutritional status and identification of needs for assistance (eg. Meals on Wheels)
- Assessment of the patient’s psychological functioning (mini mental state exam)
- An assessment of social functioning
- Advanced Directives and Medical Power of Attorney discussions, including relevant documents
- Identification of any need for Community Services with referral as appropriate
ADVICE, TREATMENT & PREVENTION
- Advice on medications
- Health and fitness
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Nutritional needs
- Referrals to specialist care where required